Sunday, September 7, 2008

Jenson

Well, the photo I was trying to upload wouldn't, so I'll just talk about it.

I found a book design off of the AIGA archives search engine. It was titled The Potomac Canal and having it set in Jenson typeface is seemed very scholarly. It was a history book and I could tell this by the name, George Washington, underneath the title. And on second thought, the type seemed to disappear into the clouds of the painting that was also on the cover causing a little airy feeling.

I think the designer of the book cover did a decent job. I think the title could have been larger, because the painting becomes the center of attention when first you want to know what kind of book it is. When I first looked at it, I thought it was an art book then I went in search of the title and found it to be a history book.

While the cover is simple it also packs alot of information onto the cover and it makes the reader want to find out more about the Potomac Canal and George Washington.

If you would like to see the book cover simply:
1) aiga.com, and click on the archives at the top of the screen
2) Once inside the archives, search Jenson
3) The book cover was the seventh choice.

No comments: