Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wash U Field Trip

The most interesting thing I experienced on the field trip was that the books and leaflets were actually real. I know that it was said that they were real, but I really didn't believe it. But on closer examination of those things you could tell that they were in fact VERY old.

I liked several of the pieces, including the Gutenberg Bible leaflet, most of the contemporary books, and another book written in French I later found out (the one that had the history about everything way back when). The Bible leaflet was incredible! To look close up at the printed section and then compare it to the hand written section you couldn't see any differences between the two. My favorite of the contemporary pieces was the "candy box". How clever and ingenius!

Overall the trip was fun and educational.

No comments: